Last month we talked at length about YouTube and how to make great videos to increase your Party Plan Business. The conversation continued to our Message Boards and I have been delighted to see so many Divas stepping up and stepping in front of the camera for some amazing videos!
Whether you are just getting started with Videos or have been uploading for a while now, there are a few great tips to make sure you get the most out of your Video Marketing Efforts.
1. Stabilize your video. Regardless of what filming device you are using – make sure you have it on a flat, STILL surface. There is nothing worse than watching a video that invokes the need for a Dramamine. You can stack your camera on books, tables – I have even used a flower vase to get the right height.
2. Intro and Exit Music. In our business we know how the “little touches” can make so much difference. Video is the same way. By adding intro and exit music clips, you immediately grab the viewers attention, and set the tone for a fun, entertaining video.
3. Speaking of music, having a great video editing software is imperative. Thankfully, there are several out there to meet every budget and techy ability! You can also use a multimedia software that will “do it all” – text, video, imaging, and audio. Even minor editing touches – like music and captions – will make your video more exciting and memorable to watch.
4. Begin with a picture preview. A great way to grab your viewers attention is with a preview at the beginning of the video. You can do this with a series of images scrolling while the intro music is being played. You can grab images from within your video, or take still images with your camera and use a digital picture editor to edit them and insert into the video. The preview will be the first impression the viewer has of your video, and will be the deciding factor on whether or not they will watch the entire video. There are many photo editing programs that you can use to make sure your pictures are the best they can be, and will draw in your viewers.
5. Use captions. As I mentioned before, captions are a great way to keep your viewers involved in your videos. Using your video editing software, add in additional thoughts, comments, links, or tips to add value to what you are saying. Make sure you use a font that is large and easy to read, and you leave it visible long enough to be read.
6. Use Humor. Let your personality shine in your videos, and use humor to keep your viewers engaged. Make sure not to offend anyone, but you can be funny and gently poke fun – even at yourself – too lighten the mood and keep your viewers entertained and wanting more.
7. Involve your Customers. Be sure to end your video by involving your customers – either by asking a questions or giving them a “call to action” to do something after the video is over. Asking your customers to “visit your blog,” “Like your Fanpage,” or “tell me what YOU would like to see” will most often inspire your viewers to engage with you further, thus continuing to build the relationship. Make sure that when they DO what it is that you ask, that you respond as well.
8. Don’t worry about perfection. Even if you have the best editing software there is, do not worry about trying to be “perfect.” our industry wants and needs to show that we are all human – not robots, not paid actors – real people. Let your personality shine, have a sense of humor, laugh at yourself for little boo boos, and be proud of yourself for even getting in front of the camera!
Video Marketing is one of the best things you can do to expand your Party Plan Business and Online Presence. Make it a goal to start right away and start taking advantage of this amazing opportunity to literally be seen and heard! I promise, you will be so glad that you did!