When it comes to Pinterest, there are many strategies that you can use to build your direct sales business.
Today I wanted to share a few ways to build your business on Pinterest so that you can increase reach and build a successful empire.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Table of Contents
Pinterest Is A Search Engine, Like Google
Pinterest is often described as a search engine, much like Google, due to several key similarities in its functionality and how users interact with the platform:
- Search Capabilities: Just like Google, Pinterest provides users with a powerful search functionality. Users can enter specific keywords, phrases, or queries into the search bar to find content that matches their interests or needs. This search function allows users to discover a wide range of content, including images, articles, and videos, that align with their search queries.
- Algorithmic Ranking: Pinterest employs a sophisticated algorithm that determines the order in which pins (visual bookmarks) are displayed to users after a search. Much like Google’s search algorithm, Pinterest’s algorithm considers various factors such as keyword relevance, engagement metrics (e.g., saves, clicks, and comments), and the user’s past behavior to deliver the most relevant and personalized results.
- Keyword Optimization: Just as websites optimize their content for search engines like Google by incorporating relevant keywords, Pinterest users, including businesses and content creators, optimize their pins and boards with keywords. This optimization helps their content rank higher in Pinterest’s search results, increasing visibility to potential users.
- Rich Visual Content: Pinterest primarily focuses on visual content in the form of images and videos. Google’s image search is similar in this regard. Users search for inspiration, ideas, and products through visual cues, making Pinterest an ideal platform for businesses to showcase their products and services in a visually appealing manner.
- Discoverability: Both Google and Pinterest aim to connect users with relevant and valuable content. Users on both platforms rely on search to find information, inspiration, and solutions to their queries. Pinterest’s “Explore” feature further emphasizes content discovery by showcasing popular and trending pins, similar to Google’s “Trending Searches” feature.
- Traffic Generation: For businesses and content creators, Pinterest can serve as a source of traffic much like Google search results. When users find pins that pique their interest, they can click through to the source website or online store, driving targeted traffic and potential conversions.
While Pinterest and Google serve different purposes and focus on different types of content (visual vs. text-based), the core concept of search and discovery is at the heart of both platforms.
Pinterest’s search engine-like capabilities make it a valuable tool for businesses, content creators, and individuals seeking to reach a visually-oriented and engaged audience.
Quick How To
This blog post will give you a quick rundown of how to build your business on Pinterest
To really boost your Pinterest business building with detailed instructions take a look at this course HERE.
Pinterest is a valuable platform for direct sellers to showcase products, engage with potential customers, and drive sales.
This tutorial will guide you through the steps to effectively build and promote your direct selling business on Pinterest:
Step 1: Create a Business Pinterest Account
If you haven’t already, sign up for a Pinterest account or convert your personal account into a business account. To do this, go to www.pinterest.com/business/create/ and follow the instructions to set up your business account.
Step 2: Optimize Your Profile
Add a professional profile picture or logo that represents your brand.
Write a compelling bio that describes your business, products, and what sets you apart.
Include a link to your website or online store in your profile.
Step 3: Create Relevant Boards
Create boards that align with your products and target audience.
For example, if you sell skincare products, create boards for “Skincare Tips,” “Beauty Tutorials,” and “Product Showcases.”
Step 4: Curate High-Quality Content
Pin visually appealing and high-quality images and videos of your products. Showcase them in various settings to inspire potential customers.
Curate content beyond your products. Pin relevant content from others that aligns with your brand’s aesthetic and interests your target audience.
Step 5: Craft Engaging Descriptions
Write informative and engaging descriptions for your pins.
Include keywords relevant to your products and niche to improve search visibility.
Step 6: Use Keywords Strategically
Optimize your profile, board names, and pin descriptions with relevant keywords.
This helps your content appear in search results and recommendations.
Step 7: Promote Your Pins
Consider using Pinterest Ads to promote your top-performing pins to a larger audience.
Step 8: Engage with Your Audience
Respond to comments and engage with your followers. Building a community fosters trust and loyalty.
Step 9: Create Rich Pins
Implement Rich Pins, which provide additional information about your products, such as pricing and availability.
This enhances the shopping experience.
Step 10: Use Pinterest Analytics
Monitor your Pinterest Analytics to gain insights into which pins are performing well and to understand your audience’s preferences.
Step 11: Collaborate with Influencers
Partner with Pinterest influencers in your niche to reach a larger and engaged audience.
Step 12: Run Pinterest Contests and Giveaways
Host contests and giveaways to encourage engagement and expand your reach.
Step 13: Consistency is Key
Maintain a consistent posting schedule to keep your audience engaged and informed.
Step 14: Measure and Adjust
Regularly review your Pinterest Analytics to assess the effectiveness of your strategies. Adjust your approach based on what works best for your business.
Step 15: Stay Informed
Keep up with Pinterest’s updates and best practices to maximize your presence on the platform.
Related Article: How To Grow Your Business On LinkedIn