Party Plan Sales Success
Running Sales and Promotions are a huge part of the Party Plan Industry – but how do you make them a huge success? No matter how great the offer may be – if it doesn’t generate business – what is the point, right? Use this quick five tips to create an awesome promotion, get the word out, and keep your customers coming back again and again!
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
1. Decide what the objective is for the Sale. What is your goal? Do you wish to increase your monthly sales volume? Are you looking to gain new customers or reservice your existing customers? Do you want to including Bookings into your Sales promotion? Set your goal for EXACTLY what you want the promotion to achieve and then plan everything with that goal in mind.
2. Create a Sales Promotion gives a great deal, without giving away your profit. Contrary to popular belief, you can have a great sale without “giving away the farm.” I am a firm believer that we are in the business to MAKE money, not SPEND it… well, don’t GIVE it away either! If you make 20% commission on sales, running a 10% off sale has just given away HALF of your earnings! The truth is, your Party Plan Company has gone to great lengths to get you exceptional products at exceptional prices. Get creative with your sales promotions and offer services along with product to add more value to your promotion! Examples: Complimentary Skin Care Consultation with any order over $50. My Top 5 Recipes with any Home Kitchen Purchase over $50. Free Gift Wrapping with any order over $50.
3. Plan Your Promotions ahead of time to be properly prepared. Timing is key, give yourself at least a few weeks in advance to get all of your sales tools ready. You will use this time to get some flyers, and advertising materials that will best showcase your promotion. Think about what kind of sale you will be running as well as what is within your budget. Consider holidays, seasons, and other National and Worldwide events when planning your promotions. Try to have all of your Sales planned out no less than 90 days in advance to have plenty of time to order and receive your promo items.
4. Create “Limited Time Offers.” Speaking of TIME – Run promotions for no longer than a week to ten days to create a sense of urgency. People do not want to “miss out” on a great opportunity, so so create the sense of urgency with a close ending date on your promotion. Giving someone an entire MONTH for a sale will most likely allow for the customer to procrastinate (“oh I will buy that next payday”) and then forget about it entirely.
5. Get the word out! Sales promotions – like bookings – are about numbers. The more people you tell – the more sales you will receive. Simple as that. So get the word out! Send a Customer email, post on Facebook, write a blog post, ask others to share on their Facebook and Blog pages, post on community message boards -spread the word like your life depended on it, be excited, this excitement will transfer well to your customers.