Upselling Success is one of the easiest – yet overlooked – ways to increase your income significantly in your Home Party Plan Business.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The term “upselling” means simply to add additional products or services to a sure sale. The best part of upselling is that it is practically effortless since the customer is already committed to the initial sale.
By presenting additional “
1. Know your Products – The more you know about your products, the more you are to recommend products which will compliment each other.
If you sell skin care for instance, a cleanser and moisturizer would be complemented by a toner or a daytime product can be complemented with a night time product.
In jewelry, a necklace and bracelet purchase might be complemented by earrings. With handbags, an add-on might be a wallet or change purse. The list goes on and on.
2. Know your Customer – The more you know about her, the more you will know the products she would benefit from or be interested in.
People have a tendency to “tell on themselves” the more they talk! This is a GOOD thing! Encourage conversations and continue to ask questions to learn more about your customers wants and needs
3. Be specific and tell her WHY she needs it – Simply saying, “Can I get you anything else” is most likely NOT going to get you an additional sale.
However, specific questions “would you like a toner to go with that to complete the set?” or “This is a great product for daytime, and our nighttime product will help even while you sleep – would you like to get both?” will help your customer understand why she needs -and ultimately wants – the additional product.
4. Assume the customer already wants it – When offering an additional “add-on” type product, always assume the customer already wants it, similar to “Do you want fries with that?”
Because most Upsells are complimentary of the first item, it is somewhat of a “no-brainer” that she would want the additional items as well.
5. Focus on the Customer’s needs, not yours – As much I am sure you want the sale, remember that ALL sales are more about taking care of the customer’s needs than your own.
Do not try to sell a customer something you yourself would not want to have, or something that in reality, they do not NEED.
Always sell with integrity – that will give you a lasting relationship with your customer – resulting in more sales over time.
The biggest mistake in Upselling is simply making no attempt for the sale. As a business owner, it is up to you to ask for the sale.
Make asking for an Upsell part of the sales process – like second nature. Get the McDonald’s Mentality and always think “Do you want fries with that!?”
Take A Closer Look At PartyPlanDivas
PartyPlanDivas is the largest Online Training Community for Direct Sales Professionals. For over twelve years PartyPlanDivas has been a trusted community for training and support in every aspect of the direct sales industry. With a firm foundation of Time Management and Organization, the Diva Success System has helped tens of thousands of Direct Sales Consultants worldwide to be more successful, less stressed, and have time for what matters most – our loved ones.
Join Our Free Community
Join thousands of “Divas” from all over the world to learn business building ideas, gain support, ask questions, and more! With PartyPlanDivas you’ll become better organized, less stressed, and more successful with your Direct Sales Business.