Upselling Success is one of the easiest – yet overlooked – ways to increase your income significantly in your Home Party Plan Business.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The term “upselling” means simply to add additional products or services to a sure sale. The best part of upselling is that it is practically effortless since the customer is already committed to the initial sale.
By presenting additional “
1. Know your Products – The more you know about your products, the more you are to recommend products which will compliment each other.
If you sell skin care for instance, a cleanser and moisturizer would be complemented by a toner or a daytime product can be complemented with a night time product.
In jewelry, a necklace and bracelet purchase might be complemented by earrings. With handbags, an add-on might be a wallet or change purse. The list goes on and on.
2. Know your Customer – The more you know about her, the more you will know the products she would benefit from or be interested in.
People have a tendency to “tell on themselves” the more they talk! This is a GOOD thing! Encourage conversations and continue to ask questions to learn more about your customers wants and needs
3. Be specific and tell her WHY she needs it – Simply saying, “Can I get you anything else” is most likely NOT going to get you an additional sale.
However, specific questions “would you like a toner to go with that to complete the set?” or “This is a great product for daytime, and our nighttime product will help even while you sleep – would you like to get both?” will help your customer understand why she needs -and ultimately wants – the additional product.
4. Assume the customer already wants it – When offering an additional “add-on” type product, always assume the customer already wants it, similar to “Do you want fries with that?”
Because most Upsells are complimentary of the first item, it is somewhat of a “no-brainer” that she would want the additional items as well.
5. Focus on the Customer's needs, not yours – As much I am sure you want the sale, remember that ALL sales are more about taking care of the customer's needs than your own.
Do not try to sell a customer something you yourself would not want to have, or something that in reality, they do not NEED.
Always sell with integrity – that will give you a lasting relationship with your customer – resulting in more sales over time.
The biggest mistake in Upselling is simply making no attempt for the sale. As a business owner, it is up to you to ask for the sale.
Make asking for an Upsell part of the sales process – like second nature. Get the McDonald's Mentality and always think “Do you want fries with that!?”